I take a break from uploading images of the Eastern Korinthia Archaeological Survey to drop some Corinthiaka that have come through my feed in the last month.
- Matt Malcolm at cryptotheology has recent posts on John Chrysostom and 1 Corinthians, part 1 of a review of Barnett’s The Corinthian Question (with comments), and the interpretation of tongues in 1 Cor. 12-14
- Bill Caraher at The New Archaeology of the Mediterranean World discusses the modern houses at the site of Lakka Skoutara
- Dillon Burroughs at Patheos on the spiritual meaning of the open door (1 Corinthians 16:9)
- Bellerophon and Pegasus make an article on the origin of flight.
- The best item title to show up in my Google Alerts: Peter, Rock Star from Galilee
- A piece of historical fiction on Mary Magadlene features prominently Corinth. I may give this some more attention in a future blog.
- My post on the historical Erastus got responses and additional reference suggestions from John Goodrich, Alexander Weiss, and A. D’Hautcourt. I’ve created a permanent page for Erastus with the references they suggested.