Anyone who has purchased excavation volumes for a personal library knows how expensive they can be. I was proud of myself last year for finding used copies of some of the Corinth and Isthmia series (American School of Classical Studies at Athens) for under $20.
Hence my surprise yesterday when I saw that for a limited time, David Brown Book Company is departing with volumes of these series for the incredible cost of $5! That’s right, $5, folks, for monographs in the Corinth and Isthmia series, Hesperia Supplements, and Athenian Agora volumes. I saw some books marked down from $150 to $5. And the little picture booklets for the Athenian Agora and for Corinth are going for only a buck. Sale runs between now and Saturday. Get ‘em while you can.
I include below a list of the various Corinthia books for sale. For the full list of books for the Corinthia and elsewhere in Greece, go to this link.
- CURE AND CULT IN ANCIENT CORINTH (CORINTH NOTES 1)—$1.00
- DEMETER AND PERSEPHONE IN ANCIENT CORINTH (CORINTH NOTES 2)—$1.00
CORINTH “RED BOOKS”
- THE SOUTH STOA AND ITS ROMAN SUCCESSORS (CORINTH I.4)—$5.00
- THE SOUTHEAST BUILDING, THE TWIN BASILICAS, THE MOSAIC HOUSE (CORINTH I.5)—$5.00
- CORINTHIAN CONVENTIONALIZING POTTERY (CORINTH VII.5)—$5.00
- SCULPTURE: THE RELIEFS FROM THE THEATER (CORINTH IX.2)—$5.00
- SCULPTURE: THE ASSEMBLAGE FROM THE THEATER (CORINTH IX.3)—$5.00
- THE POTTERS’ QUARTER (CORINTH XV.1)—$5.00
- GREAT BATH ON THE LECHAION ROAD (CORINTH XVII)—$5.00
- THE SANCTUARY OF DEMETER AND KORE: THE GREEK POTTERY (CORINTH XVIII.1)—$5.00
- THE SANCTUARY OF DEMETER AND KORE: THE ROMAN POTTERY AND LAMPS (CORINTH XVIII.2)—$5.00
- THE GREEK TILE WORKS AT CORINTH (HESPERIA SUPPLEMENT 35)—$5.00
- TERRACTOTTA LAMPS (ISTHMIA II)—$5.00
- SCULPTURE I: 1952-1967 (ISTHMIA IV)—$5.00
- THE HEXAMILION AND THE FORTRESS (ISTHMIA V)—$5.00
- SCULPTURE II: MARBLE SCULPTURE, 1967-1980 (ISTHMIA VI)—$5.00
- THE METAL OBJECTS, 1952-1989 (ISTHMIA VII) $5.00
- THE LATE BRONZE AGE SETTLEMENT AND EARLY IRON AGE SANCTUARY (ISTHMIA VIII)—$5.00